Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2019, 12:08 AM   #14
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
Yeah, I'm not sure. If they had taken all of the nicer features out, and sold the new "24.0" model for roughly the same price as the 25V, it STILL might have come in on top, but that's easy for me to say after the fact! The one overriding factor that the 24.1 has over the 25V (or almost ANY class C) is the fact that the cab is a functional part of the living area, where in the class C, it is not. Even if you have dual swivel seats in your class C, the cab sits 6-8 inches below the floor level and you have the bunk bed above that. Almost useless (to us, anyway). With the slide out and both seats swiveled into position, the living room seem monstrous on the Vegas/Axis compared to the 25V.
I agree with you, but feel the poor utilization of the cab seats after swiveling back is by design — or lack of design.

The floor doesn’t have to have a 6- to 8-inch step/drop. In the Chateau 31Y pictured below, it can be seen that cab seats can be made part of living area. But the seats are not integral to the floorplan’s design in my opinion.

In European motorhomes, it’s almost a given that the front seats will swivel back and become part of the living/lounge area, and also double as part of dining area. Their designs have to be more efficient because motorhomes are so much smaller that every inch has to count.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A7C6C197-0FAA-414B-9EAC-DE9DF78F1AA9.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	19039  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum