Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2019, 05:09 PM   #9
ducksface

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
I'm kind 8f baffled by the drivability complaints especially by those who say they are past profession drivers or have an intimate knowledge of some sort. We live at 6500 ft. Our other house, just 3 hours away was at 447ft. We climb a lot, we descend a lot. A LOT more than is common.

We just drive the rv. I can outdrive any downshift, understand any rpm increase and I don't buy into the whole acceleration increase from a tuner kit you 'feel'. It sure does give you an increase but there aren't one percent, maybe even only a tenth of a percent of us that hold the peddle to the floor, hit max rpm and then do it some more, when leaving a fueling station. It's nice to read the stats it's nicer to be reality based.

I've done some really wild, stupidly expensive mods to my 24.1
That tuner at that price won't be one of them, and I have no issue with the 6speed.

Try driving the rv instead of letting it dictate to you.
Maybe it's because I don't have a degree, don't claim an enviable history with racing or heavy equipment. I DRIVE, as in command, the vehicle.

I haven't a complaint or a false sense of 'seat of the pants' performance increase.
The gas mileage increase the tuner won't say they really get?
It's the same association with the driver that a radar detector has. It's a mind game with yourself. You back off, unintentionally.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum