Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2019, 08:26 PM   #6
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by bry899 View Post
I actually was thinking of running the bluray play direct from a 12v supply and eliminate the wall adapter
I've done this with no issue - specifically bought a bluray that accepted 12v in - and its never met its wall wart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K0LCB View Post
I think you will get noise from your converter if you are on shore power
Haven't had any issues like this... In addition to the bluray, I added a 12v TV to bedroom for use when boondocking (no built in inverter in my rig, and preferred the direct 12v plug in to inverting 12v to 110, then transforming 110 back to 12v...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnerFam View Post
12v tv sets are expensive, not common, and don't typically come in 'larger' sizes that so many of us expect... of course, you could replace yours with a 12v unit, but you'd also then have to run 12v power to it... another project!
Size was a challenge - which is why I 'added' and not 'replaced'... Many with external transformers seemed to run on 19-24V. But found one a little smaller than the 110v that was on board.
The 120v TV is mounted from factory on front of a 'swing up door' - I mounted the 12v on a 'swing down mount' attached to the back side of the door... 12v power was already passing through the cabinet for lighting.
When we have 110 - you never see the 12v TV.
When on 12v, flip up the door lifting the 110v TV out of way, and flip down the 12v TV from back of door.
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum