Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2019, 09:30 PM   #10
rudyhehn

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo 33.2
State: Georgia
THOR #8078
Intermittent instrument cluster malfunction

After months of losing my dash instruments intermittently, it became permanent. I called the Freightliner rep and he did a valiant job of helping me work through the problem. We tested the dash warning light bar computer console by pushing the computer toggle switch to the right and holding for 5 seconds. This activates a diagnostic menu. It showed none of my instruments were receiving a computer signal from the dash computer. I bought a new warning light bar/dash computer - expensive. Bad news - the instruments worked, but not consistently. The idiot lights all work, the odometer works, but instruments only on and off. Then I had an idea. I disconnected the wiring harness from the output side of the warning light bar/dash computer, removed one of the daisy chain wires that connects one instrument to the next, and reconnected this new wire so that it went from the computer to the tachometer. Viola - it worked the tach. Did the same to the fuel gauge - it worked. It turns out the wiring harness that ran from the computer to the instruments had a short. I replaced the harness and so far so good.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.