Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Drifting
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2019, 03:19 PM   #18
penguin

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 31S
State: Florida
THOR #4443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefvm View Post
It's really not up to ford. Ford builds the chassis designed for their vehicles and designs.
THOR buy them, cut and extends the frame to fit what ever box (RV) they choose to place on top of it.
So you see Thor is really or should be liable for these type of corrections based on their modification to the ford chassis. Thor would than have to loose profits or increase the price to compensate for the increased cost to perform these modifications, I believe these should be an option when purchasing any unit and the buyer should be made aware of these atleast by the RV dealers before you sign the paperwork.
I believe most people would opt to add these options however it may just as well cause the buyer to ether opt out completely or buy a cheaper unit to compensate for the price increase.
Well you can draw your own conclusions on that subject.

Goodluck to you and safe travels
I agree. The dealers could make a decent profit by offering chassis upgrades and I believe customers would be happy to pay a little extra to make their drive better. And to add 4k worth of upgrades over the life of a 20 year loan would add next to nothing to their payment.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum