Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2019, 03:17 PM   #18
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by petefoss View Post
Thanks. One question, how did you find the other end if the prewire? I have the connection on the roof like you but us the other end in the battery Bay? Where did you put your charge controller?
I contacted Thor to get a wiring diagram to see where the wiring from the roof terminated.

On my Outlaw 29H, the wires from the roof terminated behind the WFCO Power Distribution Panel. They are 10awg wires and one was orange / black and one was white / black with some electrical tape over the ends.

If you go to this thread you will see some pictures I posted of the wiring and where I mounted my Controller.

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f27...lar-17739.html

I had it pretty easy. The garage / master bedroom on our 29H has a TV on the wall right above where the WFCO Panel and all the wiring is located beneath some drawers. I was able to run wires through the opening the TV used for the cable TV and HDMI wires to run the Controller wires down behind the WFCO panel.

I tapped into the battery wiring behind the Converter instead of running wires all the way to the battery compartment as well.

I am very happy with the system. I went with the Renogy Rover MPPT Charge Controller, which has an Equalization Mode to de-sulfate the battery plates that the stock WFCO Charger does not have.

Even with the panels flat on the roof, I have been able to run the refrigerator during the day using the Inverter without any issues and I have also run the 5000 BTU air condition in the garage on the Inverter for well over an hour continuous without any issues. I rarely plug in at my house now when the rig is parked because the Solar can keep the batteries charged.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum