Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2015, 02:07 PM   #19
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
I'm not surprised it's taken Hymer almost three years and they only have the Grand Canyon Class B ready. It takes time to set up manufacturing and adapt their design to US standards.

I'm also guessing that it doesn't help that their plans for Class A and C motorhomes are based on the RAM ProMaster (our version of European Ducato), which was just being introduced into US market at time of initial announcement. If ProMaster failed and was withdrawn from market, where would that leave Hymer in US?

Another detail is that many European motorhomes of all sizes that are based on Ducato chassis have the frame modified to lower it and install independent rear air suspension. The larger motorhomes get twin rear axles similar to old GMC motorhomes. As far as I know the company that builds the frames is European and would need to start fabrication in US.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	130.8 KB
ID:	891  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.