Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2019, 12:47 PM   #7
Quint

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Quantum WS31
State: Massachusetts
THOR #16115
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
I would rent one for a long term test drive.
Due to the overhang and the mirrors and added difficulty of getting from front to back, I wouldn't take a cabover type c for free if I had to keep and use it.
It took us about three minutes to figure out the compromises made by building a house onto a cutaway. We Hated it.
Mine is an abstract, cartoonish (but true) example. It's meant to counter the standard view of 'money' being the main issue. COMFORT is the main issue and you'll have 1,000's of hours behind the wheel if your plan is successful.

What a shame to buy one and find out 1,000 miles down the road that the clostrophobic cab is not for you.

Or not.
Your three questions:
Quality, is standard Thor

Value, is exactly usability and subjective as it equates only to you.

Reliability, is industry standard and doesn't vary much per model. Same fridge, same chassis, same heater etc.

I know nothing about Massachusetts taxes. I do know of the $3,000 add on if you don't finance through the dealer, the 11% per ent added tax, the licensing,the included top line extended warranty and goodies that made us choose a used unit with not tax....

https://www.ebay.com/i/163735421092?...BoC2XwQAvD_BwE

https://www.ebay.com/i/264399368454?...26pg%3D2385738

Your low 90's offer seems $10k too high, or I've misread something.

Either way, a week of rental is a good idea that can't be combatted by rational people.

Thanks for your input. What do you own?

I would say that the claustrophobic feeling of driving a class C compared to a truck hauling a 5th wheel is not even close, but I could be wrong. Don't get me wrong love the open space of a 5th wheel just don't want to be hauling something that big around the country then have to tool around town in a large truck everywhere.

Low 90's for a 2020 Quantum ws31 fully loaded is not even close to 10K to high as far as my research, But if you can find a new Quantum WS31 for low 80k please guide me to it. Small class A's 34' Range seem to be extremely cheap both in Quality and workmanship as far as I've seen so far unless I want to Spend $300,000 for a Newmar.

But point well taken and I will definitely have that in mind when doing my extended test drive.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum