Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2019, 03:14 PM   #9
thor293

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E 29.3
State: Ohio
THOR #1620
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinker3030 View Post
Thanks, she is doing better now and is in physical therapy. But now another problem with the coach. I disconnected it from shore power to move it and now the engine is not charging the main battery and have no lights, brake or headlights, no dash lights, and the engine will not keep running. When I started the engine, the charging gauge showed that it was very low, then all lights completely quit. Ford dealership has no idea what might have happened. The engine chokes like no fuel is getting to it. I used the auxillry power button to start the engine, but will not keep running, and I am just about at the end of my patience and rope with this coach.
Its probably not staying running because the battery voltage is not enough to support the load. Do you have a multimeter to test the output voltage from the converter?
A lot of converters have a blade fuse on the back of them that people sometimes miss. If you can check and have no voltage coming out and verify that it is receiving voltage coming in then the only thing is a fuse on the converter or the converter has gone bad. If you have a battery charger, get it connected to the chassis battery to get it back up, the low voltage on lead acid batteries will ruin them. If you can get the coach fired up and running then it may also charge the coach batteries

Ps, in response to wiring on the batteries, if you have 2 6v then what you should have is the negative from one battery connected to the positive of the other battery, that them makes them a 12v battery. Then the positive that is left goes to the positive of the coach and the negative left goes to the chassis ground.
Camping World Indianapolis, worst dealer EVER experienced
thor293 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.