Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2019, 10:06 PM   #17
16ACE27
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by revjeffrey View Post
I'm thinking of switching around the two big positive wires on my Bimm but I'm afraid I might short something out but I'm not sure what else I could do. now that I confirm that mine is messed up. I am going to call that company tomorrow and ask them what would happen if I switched it to cables. Thank you for checking for me that helps tremendously.
I assume that when you lifted the negative on the chassis battery your lights went out? If so, either your BIM is not isolating the two battery banks as it should or your chassis battery is wired to the house DC buss directly (and who knows where the house batteries are wired to). Since the BIM is supposed to isolate the two circuits (House and Chassis) when no charging is going on, swapping the big positive wires will not accomplish anything. If you were going to do some swapping you would have to swap the sense wires as well.

At this point I would leave all battery negatives disconnected, lift one big positive off the BIM and check for continuity between the two large posts. There should be none. If they are connected in this state, the BIM is bad (shorted) and needs to be replaced.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum