Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2019, 11:38 PM   #6
javelin

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Trimark “Steel” Latch Door Lock #29412-09 – Replacement for 060-650 / 060-1650 (lock with deadbolt)

I finally decided to replace the old Trimark door lock with deadbolt on my 2013 ACE 30.1 after reading for years about the breaking pot metal latch on many of these pre 2017 (black interior door lock skins) Trimark door locks with inside red locking buttons in many older Thor coaches. My original Trimark was still working OK because I have been carefully closing it since new in 2012. It boiled down to how long would it be before the DW and I found ourselves locked in or out of the coach......or someone else? The cost of a locksmith and other associated hassles would easily cover replacement lock costs, even though a recall should have been issued for this dangerous defect IMO.

The new Trimark outside lock portion was purchased from Pacific RV Parts located south of Las Vegas. It was about $140 USD (plus $65 USD shipping/handling when cross border to Canada is required). The Trimark part number for the steel striker version (outside door lock portion only) is #29412-09......it is the only replacement lock for this 060-650 style with the steel striker. This should replace many stock Trimark Thor coach locks with the breaking pot metal latches and two red plastic lock controls on the inside, but make sure before you buy.

When I replaced the original Trimark 60-650 door lock on the RV with the new outer lock mechanism with steel striker latch, I also had to buy a new red flip button with the longer length stem because in order to use the new outside lock with the old existing inside lock portion, without red button interference with the screen door, the two original red lock control buttons had to be position reversed. Unfortunately the shorter stem red button would then pop off when the door was slammed closed. So I purchased another long stem red button ( part #81481) and retaining ring (which I did not actually use) is #80967-15. The button parts were ordered from the Trimark warehouse direct (check their web page) in New Hampton Iowa. I also had to slightly modify the thin metal skin which surrounds the lock door cutout space, to allow the new outside lock skin locking mechanism tab to work properly. This required a dremel cutting tool and a little careful cutting of the metal skin (between inside and outside door panels). The existing door striker plate slots on my coach allowed the new thicker lock striker pins (which come with the new lock) to be used without any modification. New key sets come with the new lock as well as a new external door lock seal. I should have taken pictures through the process but unfortunately did not.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum