Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2019, 02:59 PM   #1147
jdkirk

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Gemini
State: Alabama
THOR #7475
Ok, so here's a horrific situation regarding fuel nozzle.
Left Eau Clair Wis. Last week, 6am in morning. Stopped at BP in the middle of nowhere. The flap on the fuel tank inlet , didn't seem to want to open. Stupid me decided to just jam it in as hard as I could. It went in , but seemed to go deeper than usual. Filled tank. Tried to take nozzle out. No way it was coming out. Seems flap wedged onto wire spring that's wrapped around nozzle. Had to call BP service technician to come out. While waiting I disassembled nozzle from pump handle. Then had to remove entire plastic hinge assembly cover. Broke a few parts doing that. Then was able to break tabs on green flap nozzle inlet and remove green cap. Technician said he never saw a problem like this before. Was able to reassemble,less broken parts. So now , it's a matter of ordering new parts, and chewing out a few people who had nothing to do with it.
Anybody else had issues with green fuel cap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Wheel View Post
That little funnel is a standard from Ford. I have them in all of my cars. Don’t know if the other manufacturer’s provide them. I just wasn’t paying attention. If I was I would have noticed the other diesel pumps with the small truck nozzles for diesel. Anyways, another life experience.

As for the A/C. Our Gemini was a dealer stock unit and it appears that the dealer ordered the 15K A/C unit as an option. I did spend time going through the ducts and cleaning out the styrofoam and making sure that there was air flow to all of the ducts.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.