Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2019, 04:07 PM   #1
neoshocoach

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport
State: Missouri
THOR #16182
First Outing Blues

Made it to Branson for our first outing. After the addition of a rear sway bar and steering stabilizer the 29M handled like a dream.

Learned a valuable lesson right off the bat, that is to travel with multiple lengths of fresh water hoses. Set up, plugged in, discovered the hose was too short. Tore down, backed up, set up again, only to discover the hose was still too short. Thanks to friendly neighbors we overcame the problem and made a note to buy additional hoses.

Just after starting to run some water in the sink we heard a knock at the door and my wife and I both thought we had REALLY friendly neighbors. In camp, for 30 minutes, and already the welcoming party was at our door! I was sure they were there to share their baked goods! NOT. Instead the caring neighbor told us to shut off our water, like NOW!, and come outside. So we did. ooops...a technician had forgotten to connect the grey water hose to the grey water tank.

Branson has a lot to offer but no where in the brochures did it include a cascading waterfall from underneath your wall slide! Called my friendly neighborhood salesman who told me if I wanted a mobile repairman it would go against my MPP deductible, or, I had the option of gaining additional experience driving the coach, into service, and hour away.

Seeing that we had few options for an enjoyable weekend without water, we pronounced the trip 30 minutes after arrival and headed back home.

Our optimism remains high that our coach will only sit in service for weeks, not months, that service will fix our short list of problems, and that many more positive outings are ahead.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.