Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2019, 10:54 PM   #1
Oldchief

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.5
State: Florida
THOR #4802
Spare tire added

Added a spare tire to the Axis. Since we're about to embark on what should be a month long, 5k+ mile road trip from home in Fl to Nova Scotia and back, decided we didn't want to be without a spare tire. Aside from the aggravation of having a flat, I didn't want what I'm sure would be a very costly situation of having to buy a tire from some roadside service. With a spare, I can limp to a discount warehouse for a new tire, if we have to. Ordered a carrier that mounts in the trailer hitch receiver, $80. Finding a good used wheel proved to be more difficult than I expected. Ones that fit the E450 chassis used by Thor apparently are somewhat scarce. Three local junk yards didn't have one and couldn't locate one for me. But, again eBay saved the day. I found one on eBay for $55. & free shipping. Also, on eBay, found a good used load range E, 10 ply tire with about half the tread left for $65., & free shipping.. Together it all cost about $200. Have RV coverage with AAA, so someone else can put it on, if needed.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum