Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2019, 01:20 AM   #5
Cantwell Troy

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Alaska
THOR #16209
You know that ground idea is a great one. So often it is a grounding problem. I have guests in it for the night so it will have to wait till the AM. I have pulled all of the fuses and since I had them I replaced all of the fuses. I used my meter on them as well.

I have done as you suggested and opened the panels. That is where I checked for 12V at both the appliances. All the wires look good but they go into the wall fast. There is a Tyco 10 amp fuse. It is one of the black square ones. It does not seem to be blown. The white end is not popped out. It is located on the furnace next to the on/off switch. If I lived near town I would go buy one anyway and mark that off the list. I think I may order one and have it mailed down tomorrow.

I have a electric heater and coolers for the guests to use tonight so they are good. I just hate to tear into something chasing wires if it is something simple. I turned all power off to the TT today for 2 hours hoping maybe something would reset. No luck.

I guess I was hoping someone might have the same trailer and have had the same issue. Thought there may be a hidden fuse somewhere. I have not found my on/off switch from the battery anywhere yet. But the RV has been working fine as is. I have not had a battery in the RV until today when I hooked a battery up to try to get the fridge to work on 12V and gas.
Thank your for all of the thought and ideas! Keep them coming. I will check for a grounding issue tomorrow. I should of thought of that!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum