Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2019, 01:42 AM   #12
cavie

Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
State: Florida
THOR #15553
Quote:
Originally Posted by 55Pont View Post
Hi guys. I must say that this is a great site. I am glad I found it. So many helpful members here. I really appreciate you all.

I spent most of the hot day stripping off the roof, and I will do the same tomorrow. I took a break around 3:30, and after some shade and i/2 gallon of water, I grabbed the multimeter and started at the power source. That is where my problem lay. I do have a large 50 amp 3 prong cord which I have had to step down with two adapters to utilize my 30 amp home circuit. I took a wire brush and cleaned everything really well. Applied some contact cleaner too. Plugged in, and power was on. Your replies have been most helpful in helping me understand the ac system in the coach. I think my ats may be behind the breaker panel and I am going to try and locate it.

After finalizing the roof stripping tomorrow, (I have 40' of EPDM coming this week), I will play around with the generator. First though, I am going to replace all the 4x8 sheets up on the roof. Big job. Again, I thank you all for your help. Robert
Do not use a 3 wire 50 amp outlet to power your RV. You MUST have a separate neutral and ground to avoid any chance of "Hotskin"condition.
someone could get hurt.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.