Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2019, 09:02 PM   #1
Vanhelsing

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Illinois
THOR #15222
Underside Slide rubber strips 2018 30.2

Hi,
I'm a newbie owner of a 2018 Thor Ace 30.2. I noticed when the slide was extended that about 3/4 of the way down underneath there was a strip of rubber hanging. Upon further inspection there are two strips that overlap each other to close the gap but when you retract the slide they are supposed to separate because as the slide goes in they both go on different sides if a plumbing pipe and additional wiring and such.
One piece is in tact but one is split and torn and hanging. I've tried taping it together with numerous types of tapes and such but no real resolution.i think if I purchase another it will just do the same again.
It's really a poor design for the materials used and can't believe I'm the only owner who has had this issue. Has anyone come up with a modification or different material to resolve this or am I destined to keep buying strips of rubber from Thor for eternity?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.