Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2019, 11:14 AM   #10
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarhead94 View Post
Thanks for all the suggestions folks. I've accessed the converter and identified that it is not the problem. My hypothesis now is that the knuckle-head I paid to winterize my RV mislabeled the leads going into the battery compartment. There are four of them and he labeled two as positive and two as negative. One of the negative (ground) wires is clearly a ground - it attaches directly to the frame. The other disappears into a wiring harness so I suspect that it is mislabeled.

So the question of the hour for the other Thor owners is this: if you also have four leads (i.e. battery cables with ends that attach to posts) in your battery compartment, how many are connected to the positive terminals and how many are connected to the negative ones? Do you know what the leads are for (e.g. one to the inverter, one to the emergency start switch for the chassis, one for accessories, etc.)? When I say four leads, I am excluding any jumper wires that are used to connect the positive terminals to the other positive terminals in a 12V parallel configuration. I'm talking about four leads that eminate from the coach into the battery compartment.

Hot on the trail - thanks for the help! I really wish Thor had wiring diagrams....

Thanks,

Bill
You might find a wiring diagram on Thor Motorcoach Owners Resource site. Need your VIN... 2014 and newer.
There will be multiple leads.. including negative/ground. Ground wires run throughout the coach. doesn’t rely on chassis (which isn’t accessible in cabinets, etc... and several high current loads.
While there can be junctions in battery compartment as well, I would expect separate lead to jacks, inverter, and coach loads (goes to use/store.. emergency start switch, etc) at minimum.
Following wiring, the positive should pass thru 100 amp or so resettable breakers.
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum