Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2015, 09:16 PM   #8
Henry's RV

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Citation 24SR
State: New Mexico
THOR #2570
Quote:
Originally Posted by West View Post
My last RV I had for about 10 years and never had a problem with any of its 3 slides. I think the Schwintek slides are just trying to hard to save space and are not worth the trade off. I think a better controller that could keep a proper count would help a lot.

I'm like you Henry I can't open my slide at my house either. To much slope to chance it.
That makes it hard to do the maintenance we need to do... have to find a level space to use the slide. I have two slides, but only use the one for the bed if I'm going to be in and out of my site. I know people with multiple slides who love them and have had no problems. Maybe I just need to get used to it. My dad was an engineer and lived his life focused on the idea that everything broke. I remember how he hated power windows in cars - everything was just "one more thing to break." He made me super attentive to preventive maintenance, so that may be a good thing!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.