Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2019, 04:12 AM   #4
smasiello

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Colorado
THOR #16254
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc View Post
Use caution... seatbelts are generally provided in forward facing seats only by the manufacturer.
Are you planning for car seats or booster seats? Car seats will tell you they are only intended for use in forward facing direction as example.
Where are you planning to put them? Rear facing dinette would not be my choice - as there is no head restraint for frontal collision as example
What are you planning to attach them to? Look at the structure the current dinette seatbelts are attached to. They are not just bolted to the unsupported floor. To be able to remain belted in under force of a collision is not trivial.
Make your own decision as to what is safest for your loved ones... Just don’t want you to have a false sense of security if the add-ons are not up to the task.
I do have a booster seat for my 8 year old, but we always put that on the side that faces forward. I also want to install a couple of seat belts for the sofa bed. Looking under the slide it looks like the bolts are there for seat belts as there are similar ones under the dinette where the current seat belts are, but for the life of me I cannot find where they are. I think the sofa bed is SUPPOSED to have seat belts installed, but I've looked twice and can't find them.

--Sam

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum