Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: No Power
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2019, 01:42 PM   #6
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
No Power

I have a 2018 Outlaw 29H and the transfer switch is located in the rear outside storage compartment on the drivers side where the shore power cable is located.

If you have some AC power on some circuits when on shore power it is probably not the transfer switch.

How did you verify the GFCI is ok? Did you measure voltage there and then trip the GFCI? A bad GFCI will effect the other outlets wired to it while other circuits would be ok.

Here are some things you can look at.......

First make sure you are unplugged and the genny is not running.

My 29H has an Inverter and the AC is passed through it to power the TV’s. My Inverter is located next to my transfer switch and it has an external breaker (small black round button type). Check to make sure yours is not tripped. That would stop power to the TV’s..... even when on shore power.

Then check the transfer switch. The cover comes off easily to let you check the wire nut connections where the shore power comes in and connects into the relay.

If the connections and wiring look good, try spraying some electrical contact cleaner on the relays.

If you don’t make any progress with the Inverter and Transfer Switch, remove the drawer above the circuit breakers to give you access to the wiring. Pull the plastic cover off the WFCO panel (held on by 4 - 6 screws) so you can check the wiring and connections at the buss bar.

When you remove the drawer, you will see a couple junction boxes. Take the covers off and check the wiring and connections there as well.

Again... make sure the genny is off and you are unplugged when checking the wiring and connections. Only plug in to test any changes you might have made by tightening wire nuts, etc. then unplug to close things back up.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.