Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2019, 03:42 PM   #13
Mjacks06

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #5862
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
We had our first real excursion with our new rig this week and it went fabulously well! She drove nicely, even on a few twisty 2-lane roads, easy to park and level, and provided a great home base for 3 days.

One of the big concerns that my wife had even before we purchased was the size and layout of the shower. After these three days, I can say that those concerns proved to be valid. From the size of the shower base itself, to the curtain, to the incredibly poorly designed shower head, it was borderline useless to us. Thankfully, the campground had wonderful, free, hot showers.

We know that won't always be the case so we want to make ours a little better. OK, a lot better. I have searched and searched but all I can find are people who have upgraded their older model Vegas/Axis (2015 and earlier) so they had closer to the "newer" models. (Good grief, the old showers were WORSE than this???)

I seriously would pay for a shower wall with a door, if I could find one. I'm doubting that anyone has made one, but if so...

That said, what are some things we could do to a 2019 Vegas to improve our experience? Any suggestions, tips, ideas, etc. would be greatly appreciated!

tim
In addition to Oxygenics showerhead, here's a really low tech fix. I keep one of the thinner more flexible pool noodles in the shower. Wedge it in a curve inside shower curtain from the wall by the medicine cabinet to the side wall by the over toilet cabinet. It keeps the curtain off of me. Now if I can just remember not to bend over and knock my noggin on the sink!Click image for larger version

Name:	20190807_103734.jpeg
Views:	255
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	19475Click image for larger version

Name:	20190807_103725.jpeg
Views:	128
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	19476

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum