Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2019, 01:44 PM   #1
TimmyB

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Fleetwood Bounder 35P
State: Florida
THOR #15054
So, we discovered our Vegas' awning automatically retracts!

My wife took our granddaughter to one of the campsites the other night. She lives on a campground but of course, never gets to go camping because Mom and Dad are always busy running it! Anyway, overnight a big thunderstorm hit and she jumped up to put the awning in. When she opened the door, it was already in!

We know that awnings have this available but neither of us had been told (nor have we seen mention of it on these forums or on Thor's website) that our awning would do this in windy conditions. The next morning, I opened the awning up and climbed up on a picnic table that was right under it. I lifted the arm a couple of times to simulate the wind and, sure enough, the thing brought itself in!

I guess I am kind of surprised that Thor spent the extra money on this as a standard feature, not an option.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.