Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Solar or not?
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2019, 05:49 PM   #6
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Solar or not?

FYI.....

When I installed my flexible panels, I put down these corrugated plastic sheets with 2-sided Eternabond.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/72-in-x-...-202771364-_-N

The flexible panels have 6 brass grommets around the edge so I installed some threaded mounting posts to the back of the corrugated panels so I could screw the panels into place with stainless screws.

This way I did not have to drill into the roof to mount the panels. The corrugated plastic base is permanently attached with Eternabond and they provide a little heat dissipation as well since air can flow through the corrugation. If I ever need to replace a panel, it will be a 5-minute job to remove 6 screws.

My original install was to use Eternabond to tape them directly to the roof but this way works out much better if they need to be removed.

Here are some pics.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3873.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	271.6 KB
ID:	19496Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3874.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	19497Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3875.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	145.3 KB
ID:	19498Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3876.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	177.1 KB
ID:	19499

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum