Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2019, 01:18 AM   #3
TimmyB

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Fleetwood Bounder 35P
State: Florida
THOR #15054
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn62 View Post
I am not an electrical expert but I’ll give it a try. I had a very similar experience once. I cleaned and adjusted all the contact points with small wire brushes and contact cleaner. You may have a blade in the adapter not making proper contact on the RV.
I was thinking that originally, but the behavior of the adapter is making me believe something else is at work. (I'll still try cleaning them in the morning!)

What's really strange here is the three LED's work exactly as they should when the adapter is plugged in to the connector on the back of the vehicle. For example, if I leave the lights on and one of the turn signals is blinking, I will have one solid light, one not lit at all, and one alternating along with the turn signal. It's when I plug the light kit into the back of the adapter, ALL three lights simply go to solid red! This leads me to believe it's the light kit, but then if that's the case, why does it work with the Chevy? I'm going batty, I swear!

Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a shot in the AM.

t

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.