Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2019, 03:14 PM   #1
keger

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: windsport 36R
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #11273
Cool Rear sway bar bushings

I own a 2008 Fourwinds Windsport 36R MH with 13K miles on it. I by chance was looking at the rear axle and took note of the rear sway bar bushings. The passengers side bushing was all but gone and the drivers side wasn't much better. I replace the bushings at $90 and about 1 1/2 hours of my labor. I've attached photos of these parts. In the first picture the left bushing is the drivers side part. I had to cut this bushing to remove it from the sway bar, that's why there's a gash in the top side. The right bushing is the passenger side part. As you can tell there's not mush left of it. In fact the sway bar on that side was rubbing the bushing mounting strap. When I remove this bushing I had to scrape the remaining rubber off the sway bar since it had been bonded to the sway bar from the heat of the bar moving over 13K miles. These parts were the original from the Ford factory. Now I'm not complaining mind you I just thought I'd post this issue I had and maybe others might want to check there bushings. BTW the remaining front and rear bushings on the sway bars are like new. I would have thought that these parts would have lasted much longer but obviously not. I do some towing maybe 50% of those 13K miles so it's hard to believe these bushings became damaged so quickly. I haven't driven the NH since I replace the bushings so I don't know what difference the new parts will make. I'll find out next month since we're going to do some traveling.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0001.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	139.2 KB
ID:	19520   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0002.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	19521  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0005.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	150.0 KB
ID:	19522   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0008.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	19523  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.