Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2019, 01:29 AM   #10
Richie

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Quantum RS26
State: Texas
THOR #12938
Had very similar problems in my last Coachmen. Intermittent power at bathroom outlet. Pulled outlet and found wires were cut too short and pulled loose from push-in connector.
Reseated cable and all was well again. TV was plugged into a relay operated outlet above cab and anytime ignition was on power was interrupted. Replaced outlet with a 3-way socket to restore power so grandkids could watch DVDs while on the way.

From your post it sounds as if you ordered the keyless fobs AFTER taking delivery of the coach and now you need to program them into the chassis. Unless the chassis was delivered to THOR equipped with Ford keyless entry your fobs will probably never work. It is highly unusual for any vehicle equipped with keyless entry to be delivered without fobs. It sounds like your coach does NOT have the hardware to utilize keyless entry.
A search of Ford E series chassis on their website returns availability of factory keyless on 2018 and 2019 chassis so it is possible you have the hardware, but why no fobs?
The presence of electric locks does not indicate the presence of keyless entry electronics to operate them. That is an extra cost option.
It is also possible yours came with after market keyless entry in which case Ford fobs will never work! After market fobs have no Ford logo. Thor is prone to using after market
keyless units to save cost and I suspect that is what you have. Check any fobs the dealer provided upon delivery for the Ford logo and go from there.

As far as mounting a tv on a paper thin wall, you would need to locate the framework behind it to safely mount it. I used a standard stud finder to find my interior wood framework which is nothing more than a 2x2 or smaller. Lots of luck on this one.

Welcome to the forum. I, too, am relatively new here and I learn something new every time I log on. This is my 4th motorhome and 4th manufacturer in 18 years.
You are going to encounter problems that seem insurmountable but you probably will find a solution here. As one dealer told me, when I commented that maybe I should have purchased a more expensive unit to avoid the usual PDI issues, "million dollar coaches come with million dollar problems". Nuff said!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.