Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Terrible roads
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2019, 02:03 AM   #12
axis earl

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldchief View Post
Hate to complain but roads we’ve traveled in PA, NY state, VT, NH & Maine, in way too many places, are TERRIBLE. I know motor homes rattle a lot but these roads are about to shake our Axis apart. Drawers & cabinet doors are shaken open, contents repeatedly flying everywhere. And, I I’m not flying down them, always run 60 to 64 mph. I know these states have months of freezing temps that do the damage but it doesn’t seem like they do much to repair them. The patched potholes have patches. And, the expansion joints almost jar the fillings out of your teeth. Even the Interstates are bad. Hoping our rig survives. 🤕
Chief,
You will want to avoid Interstate 5 in the Magic Mountain area of California (Saugus-Newhall). It bounced our rig so hard that the Norcold refrigerator alarm indicating that the flame was out came on. It did this both northbound and on the southbound trip. The newer construction on Interstate 210 in the Rancho Cucamonga area just north of the Fontana NASCAR track is almost as bad and it is relatively new. I continue to fail to understand how this kind of construction is accepted by the state officials responsible.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum