Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2019, 06:23 PM   #8
TimmyB

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Fleetwood Bounder 35P
State: Florida
THOR #15054
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosticks View Post
TimmyB, How did you interface the larger screen to the radio. Mine is positioned such that I can not wear sun glasses and see anything on the radio unless I remove them and even then really have to move my head to see what's going on. I like to monitor the toad going down the road.
I'm not sure where your video control splitter is in your rig. In the Vegas/Axis line, there is a removable panel on the dash directly in front of the driver. Taking this off exposes the splitter, which looks like this:

I then removed the three video input cables and put 5-pin to male RCA adapters on them, one of which is pictured above, but not yet connected.

I attached the power cables that came with these adapters:

I connected all three power cables to power and ground, which I obtained by using the power that WAS going to the video splitter box.

Then, I also connected the new monitor to power and ground. Plug in all three yellow video cables and you are good to go. I used a really inexpensive ($70) monitor from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I just installed it this week and yesterday I had to take a 200 mile trip with it. It was UNBELIEVABLE, the difference that it made!!! It was just as significant as when you compare a HDTV to an SDTV. I have four bikes on the back of my rig and my two expensive ones I just bought a bike cover for them, so I wanted to see how it was holding up. The view was perfect!!! I can view one camera at a time or all three of my cameras at once. (Actually, it can show all four, if you have that many cameras!)

Let me know if you need any help or more info!

t

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.