Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2019, 01:09 PM   #91
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanhenson View Post
Wow. After reading this and the Thor complaints page on Facebook, Thor is off my list. I really liked the 4000 but no way will I go through what many of you have gone through. Go and read the Entegra or Newmar forums. You will not see these problems.
We are looking at DP bunkhouses and have reviewed the floorplans and on-line reviews for the Aria 4000, the Newmar Ventana 4326, the Berkshire XL 40C and the Discovery 38N. All of the forums show quality issues and most are the same regarding long wait times for repair etc.. Based on research we have narrowed our choice down to the Aria 4000 and the Berkshire XL40C. Right now the Aria 4000 is a 2020 model while the Berkshire is still a 2019.
Since my prior coach was a Forest River I have experience with both Forest River and Thor.

My local dealer (recently purchased by Camping World) normally has about 30 - 35 RVs in their awaiting service lot at any given time. Yesterday I noticed 2 Newmar Ventanas sitting there and interesting enough the only Thor was a Freedom Elite. I'm not sure about the towables because I don't follow one brand to the other in that category.

The Service waiting area of a large dealer can tell a story.

One other thing I found is that features that are standard on the Aria (such as solar, induction cooktop, outside LP disconnect etc...) are either expensive options or non-existent on other brands.

For me, having been in both the Newmar and Thor, the difference in quality in the Newmar does not justify the 100K difference in price. I hope to see the Berkshire in person at the Hershey show this year.

Since we are not considering an upgrade until next we are continuing the research and I know things will change. I noticed Newmar has discontinued the Ventana Bunkhouse with 2 full baths and now only offer a 1 1/2 bath model. Things changes.

Just food for thought and FWIW.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is online now   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum