Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2019, 10:19 PM   #1
Cwray

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Illinois
THOR #12548
Question Are you adding new sway bars or replacing the stock ones?

Howdy all,

I’m looking to do some suspension work at the end of this RV season and have been devouring all the great knowledge here. I have a 2019 34J which is the Ford F53 chassis. I’ve already done the CHF on both front and back, but need the handling to be better. I’ve read up about tire pressure, alignment, Koni FSD (or Bilstein) shocks, Sumo springs, and the rear trac bar.

But one thing I can’t tell is what is meant in all these conversations regarding sway bars. I’ve gone through most of the 15 pages of results when searching for “sway bars” and the imprecise language common in all of them is throwing me.

Namely, when someone says “I got {Brand X} sway bars put on...” are they meaning that they added an additional one or replacing the factory stock ones? My Class A rig already has a sway bar in both front and back (hence the CHF I did after the first trip). I can’t tell from most of the statements if people don’t have a rear sway bar and are installing one. Or if there’s that much benefit in “upgrading” the existing factory one by removing it and installing a more beefy aftermarket one.

Seems like a simple question, but for the life of me I can’t figure this out. Could one of gurus weigh in here?

Appreciate you guys as always!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum