Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2019, 11:40 PM   #15
pavemike

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.5
State: Florida
THOR #12686
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc View Post
Something still not making sense...
Testing a GFCI requires power... The test/reset buttons do nothing if there is no power... ‘Test’ throws a ground fault... there can be no ground fault if no power...
Is there power to the GFCI?

I expect (need an Axis/Vegas owner to confirm) that outlets would be on 2 independent circuits... one for GFCI powering at least the bathroom and kitchen, and a second for other outlets (tv, etc)...
Having power to breaker box (micro and ac work) and then 2 separate circuits failing is unusual...

Are we sure ALL outlets are off? Or are we looking at a single circuit failure?

A single circuit could be a dropped connection... start with outlets closest to breaker box and check all connections...

If truly multiple circuits involved, I’m still scratching my head...
You are correct, the Axis/Vegas has a dedicated circuit for GCFI and another circuit for all other outlets. That's why I asked if he installed an inverter. If the inverter was not on, it would explain why only the non-GCFI outlets were not working. My next step would be to use a simple audible tester and start at the breaker checking for voltage and go from there. If one of the wires are loose in an outlet, he will find it that way. Just need to pull each outlet out of the wall and test the wires. Pretty simple, just time consuming.
pavemike is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.