Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2019, 02:37 AM   #12
rmahony49

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: New York
THOR #8775
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
Tried to put fresh water in my tank this afternoon. I had filled it about 2/3 of the way up a couple of months ago, but it was almost completely empty today. Every time I would put the hose into the connector, within 30 seconds the water would be pouring out of it, down the side of the coach, as though the tank were full. This happened no matter how far down I turned the flow of water. I could visually see the tank was no more than 1/4th full at this point, so I decided to turn the release valve quickly and close it again. After hearing a "glug" sound, I went back outside and sure enough, the water wasn't flowing down the side any more. That is, for another 30 seconds. Then the whole process would start again.

Clearly, there is some type of vent that isn't working as designed because the air in the tank was preventing water from flowing down the water tube. Anyone have a quick "fix" or solution? (I DID search for this but it only showed results where people were getting water in their fresh water tanks while they were attached to city water, which is clearly another problem.)
I had the same problem on my 2016 Quantum PD31. I removed the bed platform and saw the breather hose fell way below the fill hose. This caused an air lock. I solved this by securing the breather hose to the top of the filler hose with zip ties. Just don’t over tighten the zip ties. After, I could fill without any issue. Hope this helps.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.