Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2019, 06:50 PM   #7
lwmcguire

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjdougherty View Post
Hello,

It is about time for me to have some routine maintenance performed on our Tuscany 45AT prior to our next trip. In my own experience, I have seen pricing all over the place for chassis maintenance, generator tuneups and AquaHot service.

I am curious to see what others have paid for this type of service work.

I have always taken the motorhome to a Freightliner service center for chassis maintenance. I have had the Onan generator worked on by both a dealer and a Freightliner shop. Likewise for the AquaHot hydronic heating system.

Please let me know what you have paid for these different service jobs...

Thanks,
Having read hundreds of post on IRV2 regarding your question, the cost is truly all over the map and seems to depend on the attitude of the service writer on a given day

What the common thread is ask before having the service done. I had my generator serviced in a Freightliner Oasis shop in Northern Arkansas and it was 240 bucks as I didn't ask. I stayed to talk to the service manager who was tied up until the cashier left and then he says you should have said something, OK

the number is whatever the market can bear and what they think they can get buy with unless it is posted as some shops actually do

The local Sapp Brothers truck shop is the best place for typical Chassis and Engine service near where I have my MH stored in my shop

I change my own nozzle and filter on the Aqua Hot and clean it so no help there

Nothing but oil and filters typically for the generator unless very high hours

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum