Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2019, 06:04 PM   #1
agtmjb

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #13437
2019 Windsport 29M headlight/foglight issue

Hi all just want to tell you all who have a Thor Windsport on Ford F53 chassis of a potential problem you may all end up with having problems with.

We went on a one week trip up the coast into Oregon for California. Coach was running good except for the handling issue which has been covered here extensively. That has now been fixed, at my expense with front and rear sway bars and a steering stabilizer. CHF wasnt enough for me to drive long distances comfortably.

Back to headlights. So on the last night the low beams quit working as well as the fog lights. Everything with initial check found nothing that we could immediate identify as a problem. So..... a couple of phone calls and took coach to a Thor authorized repair facility who diagnosed the problem as "low voltage" in the steering column. So Thor had us then referred to a RV repair facility as it surely seemed to be a FORD issue.

Now three weeks later, FORD has declared that the fog lights switch and addition to the F53 chassis, is a THOR issue and addition. The fuse panel, block and relays are not "strong" enough to handle the additional voltage when the fog lights are used. The fuse block needs to be replaced as well at all that is attached to it as it literally melted the block, relay and wires.

Now waiting for the response from THOR and for them to acknowledge the fog light switch being attached to the "headlight" fuse panel was not done from FORD but an addition done by THOR.

So my question to them and awaiting a response is this...if it is true that the addition of the foglights and all wiring etc is not a FORD design, will THOR recall or at least advise all other owners of at least the Windsport models built with the F53 chassis as a potential problem and potential fire hazard.

THOR btw way have been very helpful and they are not passing the buck in any way up to now, however now someone has to acknowledge who is responsible so the repairs can be made and I get my coach back and on the road.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum