Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2019, 07:16 PM   #13
gmtech16450yz

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 27.7
State: California
THOR #10907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggs View Post
...Has anyone taken a 27.7 model to scale? Curious as to how much extra dize rakes away from GCVW rating?
Here are the weights on my 27.7, but mine is FAAAAAARRRRRR from stock. hahaha. The biggest issue I've seen weighing mine is the side to side imbalance. It was as much as 1300lbs off at one point, the drivers side being the heavy side. Thor had the brilliant idea of putting the slides, propane tank, generator, water tank and water heater all on one side.

I have the questionably insane idea of removing/disabling one of those slides in an effort to balance the weight and fix some usability issues we have. I'm also planning on moving the water tank for similar reasons.

Again, my Vegas isn't stock so I'm not sure how far off these weights would be on a bone stock 27.7. These weights are with almost nothing in any of the storage compartments (except for my built in tool box), 3/4 tank of fuel and empty water and holding tanks. Except for fuel, it's as light as ours would ever be, probably at least 500lbs lighter than our ready to drive weight would be. It's too heavy and it's too imbalanced side to side.

Right Front- 2050lbs
Left Front- 2400
Right Rear- 4780
Left Rear- 5060

I also have weights from before we left on this last 7k mile trip. We were carrying a 14 foot sailboat on the roof and some other "cargo". Look at the weight imbalance side to side, it's not happy. The overall weight isn't happy either. If we hadn't upgraded the tire type and size, running like this would have most certainly blown the stock undersized Chinese tires.

Right Front- 2100lbs
Left Front- 2650
Right Rear- 5360
Left Rear- 5690

httphttps://youtu.be/2q9BuzNRc3Q
gmtech16450yz is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum