Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2019, 07:12 AM   #16
pstandiford

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 35SF
State: Missouri
THOR #2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Keefer View Post
Manual leveling is too time consuming for me, I just hit the auto level and two minutes later put out the slide and I'm done.

I can manually level in half the time it takes to auto level. I run the front jacks down until the front end just starts to move. I run the back down until the back just starts to move. That tells me all four jacks are on the ground. Then I level front to back. Finally I level side to side. Sometimes that might throw off the front to back so may have to bump front to back. Sounds time consuming but really isn’t after you get the hang of it. I decided to go to manual leveling after the auto leveling kept failing with all wheels off the ground. After manual leveling all four wheels were on the ground and the unit was quite solid. Have not used auto leveling since. The funny thing is that the unit was level without the jacks. Really just needed stabilized.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum