Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2019, 03:53 PM   #1213
campy

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 23 TR
State: Florida
THOR #10954
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfrhugh View Post
Carl,
Thanks for sharing your EGR experience. I’ve decided to fight through this issue. My 2012 F-150 EcoBoost had a phantom problem that also only appeared after a 4 hour plus run. Ford was about to replace the ECU when the mechanic accidentally bumped a wiring harness and one of the turbo waste gates opened while at idle. Broken wire near a sensor!!! It took a complete heat soak for the wiring to expand breaking continuity.
My main issue is being stranded so I will start monitoring the engine via the OBD2 and a scan tool. When/if the next “Reduced Power “ event happens I should be able to clear the fault and drive on to help. This engine is pretty remarkable when running correctly. If it is a transitional problem clearing the fault won’t hurt anything if it is a hard fault, problem solved.
Hugh
Yes, I forgot to mention that I did pick up an OPDll as well. I had cleared this fault and so far hasn't come back. My power came back up to normal levels along with the gas mileage as well. I have checked several times since then and have no codes at all. The Sea form seemed to do the trick and don't really know why. I had several of the same codes before I did a treatment. Might allow the valve to open and close if it was stuck! Have put over 1,800 miles since the treatment and no issues so far.

Good luck they are a really good RV with a few issues!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.