Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2019, 06:36 PM   #23
The Gritz Carlton

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
I would never criticize anyone either way. There's still homeless people in PCB and Mexico Beach from Michael. There's people that died as a result of not evacuating. There's people that laugh at others for leaving areas not affected too badly. I rode out Opal in PCB many years ago. That was my lesson in life with hurricanes. The Euro Model is the one to watch...it's mostly spot on...it predicts landfall in Miami as a Cat 4. There are millions of people in South Florida and barely more than one way out. I like to claim myself as a leader...not a follower. I would not want to be the one among thousands of cars out of gas with babies screaming and diapers full...nothing to drink or eat, no money and every business closed/out of everything...all staring at me and my motorhome with my generator running, A/C's blowing cold and a fridge full of cold beer as we all sit still in the blistering sun following a hurricane with traffic back up for hundreds of miles. Nope, I'd be out of there tonight. I may be wrong...but not by my standards.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum