Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2019, 01:02 PM   #4
javelin

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkterbush View Post
Sent a message to Thor about my 12 volt not charging when running the engine or when plugged in. Got this message in return...

"It sound to me as if the resettable breaker located under your forward-facing dinette seat has tripped. I’ve included a picture of it with this email. You are looking for the item on the right of the picture. It’s only about 1-3/4” long and 5/8” square and is screwed to the dinette base. Once you find this breaker, push the small black button on one of the ends (it’s pretty small and you won’t hear a click nor will it stick). Then go to the entry door, turn the battery disconnect off (or to storage), wait 4-5 seconds), then turn the switch back on. That should restore the house batteries to the rest of the house system."

I can't figure out what they are referring to. Should I be literally looking under that seat. They sent a pic, but it won't load.

Any advice would be great. Just feel like I need to be pointed in the right direction.

Thanks,
Brian

Welcome to the forum. I am attaching a picture with arrow showing the 50 amp re-settable breaker that I think Thor is referring to.....but this picture is not necessarily how your coach may look. Also if this breaker has tripped it would explain why the converter (battery charger on shore power or gen) would not charge your batteries, but I am not sure it would explain why the alternator (engine running) would not charge the coach batteries.....it depends on what kind of battery management system/wiring is used in your coach. Thor should know, so start by resetting the breaker they suggest and see what happens.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Converter to Coach Battery CCT Breaker.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	19966  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.