Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2015, 12:35 AM   #10
DocMike

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
Jamie, welcome aboard.

Your question about the TV's, well it is a short and a long story.

If you have the Axxera AV614BH in dash system yes...there is a way to connect that DVD player to two TV's. BUT, you must pull the radio out of the dash and find the RCA plugs, run three lines to each TV to do so...and you will not get HD TV.

Okay, now for the long part and the kind of geeky part. If you want HD and you have some time you can do so in many ways. What I did was to install a fanless Computer over the sink on the top shelf, added a Blue Ray/DVD external hard drive, a wireless keyboard, an HDMI two way splitter, ran cables (another story, requires removing the Microwave, running a cable to the outside TV - one hole drilled inside the cabinet internally and some time fishing a coat hanger in and around things), chose input HDMI 1 on the two TV's and "TA-DA"...you have not only HI-Def DVD to the outside and the front TV (have not yet figured out how to get to the bedroom TV in the 24.1 Vegas) BUT also with your wireless keyboard you have your own in-house Computer system on the two TV's. I just put a smart Blu-Ray player with Chromecast attached in the back bedroom for now. Also, there will be one USB port that you can use on the system, it is hard to get to so I drilled another hole just above the buttons you have for all the water levels, fluids, batteries etc and put an extension and plug there. It goes straight to the computer so you can use a thumb drive to exchange data with your in-house computer or play your favorite songs thru the two TV's you are hooked up to. If you want a list of parts needed and what I used email me at drreott@gmail.com and I will send it to you. Cost $450.00 just 4 months ago and took about 4 hours.

I do not want to be a bummer here, but have a mechanic (or do it yourself) crawl under your RV and be sure that your transmission cable is not touching any part of the exhaust system...rubber vs exhaust is not a fair fight. Check out the thread "Can not shift out of Drive" to get up to speed on this important problem.

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.