Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2019, 07:45 PM   #9
MTHook

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 34E
State: North Carolina
THOR #13360
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnach View Post
NO, MTHook, I've not opened it. The stereo tech that installed my XM drilled thru the roof into the covered pillar space (channel?) and used a fiberglass fishing rod to go down the the space to the engine compartment. The lower end/opening of the covered channel is filled with foam ( at the factory for wind noise/air intrusion, I guess). The rod needs to be flexy yet stiff enough to push. The bottom of the channel is of to the right when you remove the passenger's flip "computer desk".
That's good information. Was thinking about pulling the regular antenna from the roof, then attaching a string to the antenna for the regular radio then pulling it up to the roof and finish by pulling both down with the string. The foam may cause a problem for that plan,

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum