Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2019, 01:04 PM   #1
Metalgator

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 35.3
State: Florida
THOR #6451
Still fighting water leak in slide

I have had our Miramar back to the dealer 3 times for this water leak. They can't fix it and the last time said they couldn't even find the leak. We took a trip this weekend and, sure enough, it rained. When we got to the RV park, my wife stuck some thin cardboard between the slide ceiling and the valance cover over the blinds. It rained pretty good the first night. When we got up the next morning, she pulled out the cardboard and it was wet. Here are the before and after pictures.

Cardboard placement.

Next morning after the rain.

It's like the water slowly weeps into the corner. In the first picture, you can see the water stains on the valance so it's been leaking here for some time.

After awhile, the water gets into the top of the window frame and starts dripping on the inside of the window. In the following picture, you can see the blue tape on the window right below where the water is dripping from the frame. I also tapped a paper towel to the window to catch the water. You can see the brown stain from the water on the towel.

We kept putting more cardboard between the ceiling and valance to try and soak up the water. I have calked about everything I can outside and I can't figure out where the leak is coming from. Camping world supposedly took out each bolt that holds in the slide topper and caulked each bolt before they reinstalled the bolts. They also caulked around the window frame. I don't think the window is leaking as it doesn't seem to leak when the slide is retracted. Although the only time it has rained with the slide retracted is when the motorhome is being driven as the motorhome is stored in a garage when not in use.

I really need to get this fixed and I am starting to worry about long term water damage. If anyone has any ideas on how to repair this leak, please give me some advice as I am not taking it back to the dealer again.

I know that sometimes Thor reads these forums so if they have any advice, please contact me. I'm about at my wits end trying to get this fixed. I can't enjoy using the motor home since I am always worried about it raining.

Burch

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum