Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2019, 09:50 PM   #15
Long & Winding road

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
What new tranny are you guys referring to?

For what it’s worth, manufacturing for new 2021 E-Series with 7.3L V8 is scheduled to start 1st week of 2020, or in 4 months. There will be no Model Year 2020 E-Series chassis.

I seriously doubt it will take years to run remaining old V10 chassis through the pipeline. With most companies operating more on just-in-time manufacturing, they’d have to be clueless to get stuck with a year’s worth of chassis inventory.

If the more powerful new engines are quieter and smoother, and also get better MPG, the V10 could fall out of grace very quickly, so companies must protect themselves from that business risk. If reviews come in strong for 7.3L V8 (not saying they will be) then V10 motorhome stock would have to be discounted. It’s a risk for manufacturers and buyers either way whether they wait or not.
Well thats good news. So 2021 "year model" Motorhome (at the soonest). Perhaps 2022 (Like 2 years). I just assumed the new engine would have a new tranny (perhaps 8 or 10 speed) to make it that much better.

I just hope they end up being better than the V10 (quieter + more MPG) than the out going RV. I like mine just fine but I welcome any major improvements. More HP and TQ is a bonus too!

Perhaps the RV manufactures will step up the QC and think about heat and noise rejecton from the ground up. Not to mention small dog houses? One can only hope.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum