Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2019, 10:28 PM   #16
Oneilkeys

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long & Winding road View Post
8 more years. By then I will be close to retirement so I think we will want a larger RV for longer trips.

Things may change so it might be 6 or 12 more years?? Nothing is in stone.

But the wife really enjoys the Axis so It wont take much to talk her into something larger.

But 8 years from now lots of new RV's will be out. I will shop for Quality first then price 2nd. So Newmar and Tiffin are on my short list. Might even look at a two year old DP of some sort.
We went to the Tampa RV show in 2016 with enough cash to trade our 2014 Vegas for something bigger- in the 30’ range. We had put 25,000 miles on the Vegas including a 4 1/2 month trip from FL to Alaska and back. After looking at every RV from 28-32’, we bought another Axis 24.1. Not one RV gave us anything more than the Axis except for more floor space and in some cases a bigger shower- which was a major plus. But when we looked at the additional hassles of driving, parking and finding a camp site in the National Parks, we did not think it was worth it. We have not been sorry. I found out in boats! That bigger is not always better. The smallest boat or RV that really meets your total needs is the best one for you. Sometimes that’s 35 or 40’ and sometimes 25’ will do just fine.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.