Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2019, 01:51 PM   #7
David & Diane

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #5803
Smile Possible Bad Check Valve or Inside Monitor

I had an additional discussion with a DRV tech support rep (Greg). His view was that my system is operating normally and that I do not have a problem. He explained that the Fresh Water tank requires some internal air to operate. Also, because of the position of the overflow on the fresh water tank, I can expect some water out of VENT whenever the fresh water level reaches approximately 70% or more.
A personal investigation of my system showed no water leakage out of the Anderson valve and no leakage from any of the fittings. I had water flowing from VENT only if the valve was in City Fill and only if the fill level in the fresh water tank reached 70% or more. I had a trickle at 70% increasing to a steady stream at an 85% fill level. I never went past 85% and immediately reduced the fill level when I saw the water flowing from VENT.
I believe I had incorrectly assumed a problem because I did not expect the fresh water tank to overflow at any level less that 100%.
I will be filling my Fresh Water tank to a maximum of 70% IAW the inside SeeLevel II Tank Monitor.
My conclusion is that my system is operating normally and that I do not have a problem.
The check valve I was looking for is apparently internal to the water pump and can only be accessed by disassembling the water pump.
I’d appreciate anyone else’s opinions and thoughts on this topic & on my conclusions.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum