Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2019, 10:22 PM   #5
ducksface

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
While typing this I got a call from our Flagstaff/Bellemont cw, the doors close forever on Sunday. The 350 fuse didn't come in. I'm going to see if they have a closeout or display sale.

It's 3000 with a 6000 surge. It has150amp charger and is stackable to make it 6000 with 12,000 surge and 300amp charger. Programmable for lithium and ran through an ags. The ags will turn on the system when the ac thermostat tells it to or when the Batts are low or just to exercise the Gen on a schedule.

Batteries right now are two new cheap 12v, but I have twelve six volts deep cell that I'll be making a rack for(probably just six of them. 12 is a LOT of batteries). I already had the 6v when I bought the rv. When they crap out well go with two teslas.
The generator works well and we didn't need any of this... But it's a mod, and it's being done. I'm sure dollar-wise it was probably the dumbest $3,000 I'll spend on the 24.1
Just something to check off the list.
We really enjoyed a similar setup that came on our 19ft toy hauler.(we didn't pay for that. We bought a private party 2year old rv with $6,000 in solar and batt and inverter. Paid 2/3 of book and got the system for free. But we sure paid for this one, because of that one... So....)

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.