Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2019, 01:32 AM   #7
Islandsmith

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 34J
State: Washington
THOR #14595
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbreaux View Post
Jump started with my car, started generator and batteries too a charge. Display on voltage came on and was rising as it charged.

Parked the MH and about 3 hrs. later, wife passed by MH and alarm was going off, flashing an "E11 Battery not taking charge" code.

Have an apt Friday and see if the batteries are under warranty. We've owned fro 11 mos since purchased "New" in Sept 2018...
Paul, my "new to me" 2018 Windsport 34J was doing something similar. The original owner only put 700 miles on the rig in the first 9 months and then I bought it assuming the batteries would be fine. I have read, and can concur, that the batteries Thor puts in at the factory are about the cheapest things you can find.

The first couple of times out we noticed the low voltage alarm coming on halfway through the night and would have to turn off the inverter or run the generator.

At home this summer we had it plugged int a 15amp/120V outlet (GFCI) and at some point the breaker tripped. This caused the inverter to take over keeping the fridge cold which drained the batteries to the point they were so low that the inverter stopped working. It would cycle on and then off. I read the inverter will not function if the batteries drop below a certain level, I think it was 11.9 v. At any rate, the batteries were so dead that NOTHING would work.

I put an external charger on them and the next day everything worked just fine. The next weekend we went camping and the batteries lasted just a few hours before the low voltage alarm went off.

That weekend while we were out I went to Costco and purchased two new Interstate deep cycle batteries. They are not fancy but have made all the difference. We can now easily dry camp for a day while running the refrigerator, charge phones, etc before having to run the generator to top up the charge.

I know I could have spent a bunch more money but for $89 with a good one year warranty these have solved my problem.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.