Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2019, 08:35 PM   #3
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Thor MC division of Thor Industries maintains 5 different factories producing gas and diesel coaches. The Jayco division of Thor Industries produces a complete line of gas and diesel coaches including the Seneca super C and Entegra. Each factory operates independently designing, manufacturing and marketing their coaches. Yes there are major differences in the types of materials used in the coaches. For instance Entegra uses Spartan chassis while Thor MC uses Freightliner. Most of the gasoline coaches use the LCI in-wall system while the higher end Thor diesels use a in-floor slide. Porcelain tile floors in the Diesels with the Aqua hot system and vinyl flooring in the cheaper Diesels.
Having toured 6 of the Thor factories in including the ones in Middlebury, IN and Jackson center, OH, I can definitely state the the more expensive coaches use different manufacturing techniques and different materials. Whether a Formica counter top is better than 1" of granite is a matter of opinion, but the granite is definitely more expensive. Is a Garrard patio awning better than a CofC Latitude, not for the difference in price, NIMHO.

I have a little 31 ft gas coach (my third coach, first Thor MC) that fills all my expectation of what an RV should be. That said I don't dry camp and only spend about 80 nights a year in it, so what you value in a coach will be probably different than mine.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.