Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 10:26 AM   #3
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemaster View Post
I got about 8 to 10 of the small propane bottles; the ones about 1/2 the size of a 2 litter soda bottle. Some are full but most are between 1/4 and 3/4 full. Is there a adapter hose or fitting or other device I can use to fill and/or empty the small bottles from/into the main propane tank on the RV? perhaps though the Grill connection?

i'd like to carry 1 or 2 for spare (for.ex. if there is a leak in the big system.) and outdoor use like a heater or lantern.

No way to transfer the propane between tanks, but you can add a device like Extend-a-Stay between the RV tank and regulator that will allow you to connect a portable tank to the RV (main tank stays off while using).
I’ve used this on long trips to run the RV off 20lb bottles... Also provides a high pressure connection to run a grill or other appliance. Appliance must have a regulator in this setup.
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.